Are you passionate about your work and want to contribute to the success of DeSerres?
We are currently looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the position of Assistant Manager at our Montreal Trust store. This position is on a full-time permanent basis (35 to 40 hours per week). Schedules are variable depending on operational needs and you must be available days, evenings and weekends.
In this capacity, you will be involved in the re-opening of the Montreal Trust branch, located in downtown Montreal. This store will be making its grand return after an 18-month absence due to the construction of a passage for the REM. You will be responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the management of the branch, including sales, customer service, human resources management, merchandising and financial control.
- Assist in the planning, organization and management of all branch operations;
- Implement the company's business strategies to achieve the branch's sales and profitability objectives;
- Be involved in the hiring process of employees;
- Be responsible for training new employees including customer service, product knowledge, sales and marketing;
- Be involved in the performance evaluation of employees;
- Communicate sales objectives, promotions and events to employees;
- Implement corporate policies and procedures;
- Through a constant presence on the sales floor, create a positive work environment that encourages employee engagement;
- Maintain schedules and respect salary budgets;
- Effectively communicate information to both customers and employees;
- Communicate effectively information to both customers and employees; Perform and supervise the management of in-store inventories;
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
Qualifications to become an Assistant Manager at DeSerres:
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience or equivalent experience;
- Strong customer focus;
- Sales Skills;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French.
- Various weekday, weekend and evening hours.
A leading destination for all creatives, DeSerres is the benchmark for creativity. With some 30 stores and a unique expertise acquired over three generations, the family business inspires its customers to let their imagination run wild and accompanies them through their various projects. DeSerres advocates originality, audacity and resourcefulness. Because every day needs a touch of magic to reveal its most beautiful colors. Because life is a canvas.
We are committed to the principle of employment equity. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday Closed
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday Closed
- Wednesday Closed
- Thursday Closed